Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Words..and only words

I am a confused guy . It took me to quite a while even to decide what font to use for wrting it. Most of my day is spent in “contemplation” , “planing “ , “prioritising” and “ introspection” ..this is the benefit of reading philosophical books you can justify all your inertia & inactivity by beautiful words . It is rightly said that Philosopher is one who thinks everything about everything and does nothing about anything .

Its amazing what words can do. I work in world full of jargon ..this jargon has provided me “great saved my ass a moments “ in my life .

In my office we don’t chat we discuss ,
we don’t gather around table & eat chai-biscuits we have a meeting .,
If any donkey work comes our way we safely pass it on to that recently joined guy who readily obliges and we name this delegation .
We don’t ask people around to look into issues we align resources with requisite skill sets .
We never screw up but what we need is just a change of approach .

Our previous software hasn’t got any dumb mistakes …. this new one is just an upgrade .
( We will make u pay for this one .more dumber we get …. more upgrades and version we doll out sales guy are not complaining )

He is as dumb as Windows BIOS error message which says “Keyboard not detected press F1 to continue “ . but for us it’s not a skill issue but it’s a will issue ..


We don’t know a thing about what you are talking and we will say “ this particular concern of yours requires convex optimisation of skills & resources so that this real time engineering difficulty can be solved by ramp –up approach rather than any vertical or horizontal approach this way all the bottlenecks in process can be addressed as we move along the value chain in synch with organisation’s mission statement “
YES !!!!! this is the exact mail I posted to my ops-manager and he thanked for quick response .!! .The issue took 2 months to get resolved & I already got an appreciation ..

The day is not far ahead when people in my office will call the conversation that happens between two guys adjacent to each other in urinal as meeting and label it as their multitasking ability ..

as engineers also we have a separate language .. u will need Dan brown to crack this code ..

“Oh ..that chic is one with great gradient ..”
“I think I have resonance with her ..”
“After the booze at the party I got al level 5 Reset ..”
“Whats your frequency ?”
That chic works on TDMA ..so not a biwi material ..so stay away …

Enough for today ..got to go my cab is waiting downstairs ..i actually never used the word cab and still cant understand why good old “car “suddenly became “cab” ..I guess its just at the same time at which Boys & Girs became “Guys & Galls “

So guys & gals .. time being astala- vista !!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sameer J. Walgude said...

This one was Fabulous... Hats off to Shardul:

“ this particular concern of yours requires convex optimisation of skills & resources so that this real time engineering difficulty can be solved by ramp –up approach rather than any vertical or horizontal approach this way all the bottlenecks in process can be addressed as we move along the value chain in synch with organisation’s mission statement “

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home